This wall canopy exhaust hood from the SND-2 Series is for use over 400 and 600F cooking surface temperatures. From CaptiveAire, this Type 1 premier sloped canopy hood is perfect for commercial kitchens with low ceiling heights.
The installation team from K & D Mechanical, Inc. has installed a variety of CaptiveAire equipment over the 20+ years they’ve been working in the Tacoma-Seattle metro area.
Versatile exhaust hood
All SND-2 series hoods can be installed as a stand-alone appliance or purchased as a package that includes the following components:
- Integral utility cabinet
- Factory pre-wired electrical controls
- Listed fire suppression system
Also available are listed exhaust fan, listed make-up air unit, and listed factory-built ductwork. With all these options, businesses can order their ventilation package to fit the specs of their commercial space.
SND-2 Series from CaptiveAire
With excellent exhaust flow rates, this series is ETL Listed for US and Canadian safety standards. For use over 400 and 600F cooking surface temperatures, they offer flexibility for those designing kitchen ventilation systems.
- 3” standoff
- Grease drain with removable cup
- Mechanical baffle
- 12” or 18” front
- Sloped panel for low ceiling applications
Effective capture & containment
Aerodynamic design includes an insulated, double-wall rigid front to limit radiant heat into the kitchen. It also prevents condensation while it captures and contains cooking vapors.
The 18” front model has the signature “mechanical baffle” on the front of the hood’s capture area. This provides a built-in wiring chase for the best positioning of electrical controls and outlets on the front face so external chase way is not needed.
The cooking surface is lighted by pre-wired incandescent light fixtures with tempered glass globes that take up to a standard 100-watt bulb. Pre-punched hanging angles on both ends are handy for staff and an extra set comes standard with hoods longer than 12’.
Polished stainless steel on the interior and exterior of the front means it looks as good as it works. With fully welded and polished corners, the front is sloped for low ceiling applications. The hood is constructed from Type 430 stainless steel though you have the option to substitute Type 304.
Easy grease extraction
All hoods come standard with stainless steel baffle filters and a deep grease trough to make cleaning easy. The system includes a removable ½ pint cup and standard filter stops get rid of gaps between filters. Captrate Combo and Captrate Solo filters are optional.
The Self-Cleaning Hood option adds a spray bar (located right behind the filters) that runs the entire length of the hood. An added convenience, the system is designed to clean grease from the plenum and portion of the duct with a daily hot water spray cycle.
Customize your exhaust hood
- Side-mounted utility cabinet can house listed fire suppression system & pre-wired electrical controls.
- Front perforated supply plenum
- Stainless Steel enclosure panels cover pipe & hanging parts.
- Stainless Steel end panels eliminate cross drafts & exposed edges hemmed for safety/rigidity.
- Roof Top package consists of ETL Listed exhaust/supply air unit w/factory prewired/mounted motors; trunkline & curb vented on exhaust side.
- Separate ETL single exhaust and supply air fans & curbs available.
- UL 300 Fire Suppression system
- Lighting options: recessed incandescent, recessed fluorescent, compact fluorescent, recessed LED & halogen.
The SND-2 Series hoods are manufactured at high volume assembly lines at 5 facilities. This reduces lead times and shipping costs, so you get your equipment faster.
The SND-2 Series of wall canopy exhaust hood models offer rugged durability and versatility for many commercial kitchen applications. Contact K & D Mechanical, Inc. for your installation estimate for your Puget Sound area business.