VHB Series Type II Exhaust Only hoods are for condensation or heat removal applications. Please note Type II hoods are not to be used over equipment producing grease laden vapors.
CaptiveAire is a leader in commercial ventilation equipment, which is why K & D Mechanical, Inc. installs so much of their equipment in and around the Puget Sound area.
VHB Series includes several models:
- VHB model-12”, 18”, 24” & 30” heights available
- VHB model with 1 REM baffle-24” & 30” heights available
- VHB model with 2 REM baffles-24” & 30” heights available
VHB advantages & features
Certified by ITS, this product has been tested and met the minimum requirements recognized by a consensus of U.S. and Canada products safety standard. To ensure ongoing quality control, the manufacturing site has been audited and agreed to factory follow-up inspections.
- Better exhaust flow rates
- Single wall construction made of Type 304 stainless steel (#3 or #4 polish) on all exposed surfaces for condensate applications or Type 430 stainless steel (#3 or #4 polish) for heat applications.
- Pre-punched hanging angles on both ends of hood (more provided for hoods longer than 12’).
- Condensate applications have 4-sided perimeter gutter & 1 drain standard for high-moisture exhaust.
Options for exhaust only hoods
The following options offer more versatility and allow you to configure exhaust hoods to meet your specific application.
- For heavy condensate applications, choose from 1 or 2 removable baffle configuration to collect & drain condensate into gutter.
- Double wall front construction for installing switches and/or lights on face of hood (mechanical baffle with built-in wiring chase for best positioning of electrical controls/outlets on face).
- Incandescent, LED, or fluorescent lights
- Make-up air supplied by front and/or side plenums (PSP accessory).
- Stainless steel enclosure panels sized to extend from top of hood to ceiling to enclose pipe & hanging parts.
Benefit from reduced lead time
CaptiveAire builds these models in a high-volume assembly line at one of 5 manufacturing facilities. As a result, they’re able to ship exhaust only hoods faster and for a lower shipping cost.
If you need a heat or condensate exhaust hood for your commercial or industrial facility, contact K & D Mechanical, Inc. for a free estimate.