Built in response to customer feedback, Trane’s Foundation light commercial rooftop units have a broad range of capacity (3-5 ton and 15-25 ton). The Foundation line fits Trane and non-Trane footprints without the need for curb adaptors and match existing ductwork in most buildings.
Trane manages manufacturing and warehouse availability to ensure Foundation units are always ready to ship, sometimes even the same day you order. This is why K & D Mechanical, Inc. recommends them as a replacement option for suitable light commercial applications in the Seattle-Tacoma area.
Affordable RTU replacement
Delivering reliability and durability at a competitive price, Foundation units include only essential features, so you aren’t paying for extras you don’t need or want.
- Long-life compressors
- Tubular heat exchanger maximizes heat transfer & durable thick-gauge construction.
- Foil-faced insulation edges sealed to reduce fibers from entering airstream & clogging filters to reduce maintenance costs.
- Reliable gas ignition system with history of trouble-free operation.
- Microchannel condenser coil standard on all condenser coils.
- User-friendly thermostat connection terminal for straightforward control wiring, including unit interlock (shutdown) capabilities.
- Discharge line thermostat increases performance of refrigeration subsystem with compressor shutdown if slow refrigerant leak is detected.
- Electrical phase monitor shuts down unit if potentially damaging electrical conditions occur (loss of phase/insufficient voltage).
Features that reduce costs
Trane designed the Foundation line to be a viable option for replacing aging rooftop units. Therefore, its footprint is compatible with most roof curbs without modifications or adaptors. This (and items listed below) result in a faster, easier, and less expensive installation.
- Simplified control wiring integration and color-coded numbered wiring saves time during diagnosis & servicing.
- Common roof curb for 3- to 5-ton units install without needing an adaptor.
- Easy access service panels make it faster and easier for service techs to gain access when working on units.
Efficiency saves money
In addition to saving money on the install, you’ll save on operating costs for your business because Foundation rooftop units comply with ASHRAE’s efficiency standards.
Why? Many rooftop units over 5 years old may not meet today’s standards for energy efficiency. This may be costing you more money than you realize when you add up the monthly savings from high efficiency equipment.
Contact K & D Mechanical, Inc. for more details about our commercial installation, repair, and maintenance services.