Commercial air quality experts, K & D Mechanical, Inc. has been providing HVAC services to the Tacoma-Seattle metro areas since 1999.
Here’s a look at some past projects that highlight our work. Visit the Project Gallery on our website for photos and descriptions of more projects throughout King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties.
Captive Aire hoods are a specialty
A big name in commercial kitchen ventilation, Captive Aire hoods have proven themselves to be dependable and durable. Available in models and sizes to fit all applications, K & D has installed many CA hood and exhaust systems over the years.
- Seafood City Super Market-installed a rooftop unit & Captive Aire Hoods to meet their final inspection deadlines.
- Frog Legs Culinary Academy-installed a Captive Aire Type-1 hood system at their new location in University Village.
- Pizza Hut-installed all new ducting and diffusers along with a new Captive Aire Fry hood and exhaust fan.
Central exhaust system reduces odor
It’ not just restaurants that require exhaust systems. Commercial and industrial settings often want a robust exhaust system to improve the indoor air quality for their employees, customers, and even neighboring businesses.
At Tsehay Beauty Supply and Salon, we installed a central exhaust system to prevent odor migration into the neighboring office. That’s what we call being a courteous neighbor.
Ductwork crucial to air movement
To effectively move air throughout your commercial or industrial space, you need the proper ductwork to match your exhaust system.
Installing and reconfiguring ductwork to make it work better is another area of specialty for K & D.
- Encore Shoe at Auburn Super Mall-completed IAQ project included 300 feet of exposed spiral ductwork.
- Scott’s Bar & Grill-did essential ductwork engineering and replaced the 300,000 BTU burner in their kitchen make-up air unit to improve air quality.
Diagnosing IAQ problems
Often, we’re called in when a company is experiencing problems with their current exhaust system.
Maybe it’s not providing inadequate service, or an expansion requires their system to move more air. Sometimes it’s as simple as aging equipment breaking down.
- Seafood Processing Plant-used our IAQ expertise to diagnose problem with a past repair on the utility set fan caused by an incorrect backwards inclined exhaust wheel installation.
- Scott’s Bar & Grill-replaced boiler heat exchanger because old one was leaking into the burner section.
Trane heating & cooling systems
Commercial heating and cooling systems are often comprised of rooftop units and the essential ductwork to make it all work efficiently.
While these projects used Trane equipment, we also install Lennox, Carrier or any other make and model called for in the project specs.
- Lakeview Church-completed installation of Trane gas furnaces with AC during an expansion.
- Kent Doggie Daycare-installed Trane heating and cooling system with necessary ductwork connections to pass final mechanical inspection.
Don’t forget to change the filters
Exhaust systems move air constantly, but they can’t do it efficiently if the filters are dirty. Many of our clients sign up for regular maintenance tailored to their specific equipment and situation.
Usually done on a quarterly basis, we’ll customize a program to fit your needs. Our service technicians not only change your filters, we also check to ensure all equipment is running properly to prevent unwanted breakdowns.
McDonald’s in Centralia was remodeling their existing location that included installation of all new grills and registers. The entire HVAC system was also given a fresh set of filters (8-20x20x2, 4-16x20x2 and 2-16x25x2).
IAQ makes for healthier environment
While air quality has always been a priority, the last few years with COVID has made it even more crucial. Businesses have realized sufficient air movement is necessary to keep employees and customers healthy.
Contact the commercial air quality experts for an estimate for your next commercial or industrial project in King, Pierce, or Snohomish County.