A Type 1, wall canopy exhaust only hoods for use over 450, 600 and 700 F cooking surface temperatures from CaptiveAire. K & D Mechanical, Inc. installs and services CaptiveAire equipment for a variety of Puget Sound businesses.
Made for commercial use, its aerodynamic design includes a mechanical baffle and performance enhancing lip for better capture and containment of cooking vapors.
Exhaust hood features
This hood can be purchased as a stand-alone item for integrating into your ventilation system or as part of a CaptiveAire package customized to your commercial specifications.
- Standard built in 3” rear standoff meets NFPA 96 requirements.
- Grease drain system with ½ pint removable cup for easy cleaning.
- Baffle-type grease filters with filter stops means no gaps between filters.
- Mechanical baffle has built-in wiring chase for electrical controls/outlets on front without penetrating capture area or adding external chase way.
ND-2 Series advantages
ETL Listed for use over 450, 600 and 700 surface temps, this hood offers flexibility for business owners as they configure their kitchen ventilation systems.
- Excellent exhaust flow rates-4’ hood operates at 150 CFM/ft or 600 total CFM.
- Exceptional capture & containment-insulated double-walled front reduces radiant heat, prevents condensation while better capturing cooking vapors.
- Convenient design-factory pre-wired lighting & pre-punched hanging angles on each end.
- Durable construction-Polished Type 430 SS on interior/exterior of front with fully welded & polished front corners (Type 304 SS is option).
- Better grease extraction-SS baffle filters & deep grease trough for easy cleaning.
- Reduced weight thanks to rigid single wall end panels.
As is the case with many CaptiveAire hoods, these models are built in six facilities across the country to reduce lead times and shipping costs.
Optional Make-up Air Accessory
The system provides the required make-up air, which is evenly distributed along the entire length of the hood via the first plenum while conditioned air is delivered through the outer plenum.
- AC air won’t interfere with hood’s ability to capture & contain vapors.
- SS construction matches the hood.
- Insulated to prevent condensation.
- Perforated SS diffuser plates for even air distribution.
- Make-up air stream & AC air stream do not mix until leaving via the dual plenum.
- LED lights are optional.
Optional Vertical End Panels (VEP & WVEP)
VEPs deliver better capture and containment by direction effluents into the hood and blocking cross drafts, which results in an up to 18% reduction in exhaust CFM. This saves on fan energy and make-up air heating/cooling energy.
The stainless-steel finish matches the hood and has double-wall insulated construction. The gas chase allows for appliance lines to run between the wall and the end pane. Adjustable feet may allow for a reduction in the required side overhangs.
The VEPs enclose the hood area to prevent flames or embers from escaping while ensuring equipment is not accidentally moved outside of the hood area. Legs raise the bottom off the floor for easier cleaning and hemmed edges mean no sharp surfaces.
Wide Vertical End Panels (WVEPs) deliver an even higher level of heat containment and fire protection. This is useful for high radiant load appliances, such as solid fuel.
Options for customizing hood
- Utility cabinet can house fire suppression system and electrical controls.
- Front perforated supply plenum (optional side perforated supply plenums)
- SS enclosure panels extend from hood to ceiling to cover pipe/hanging parts.
- End panels increase hood performance & eliminate cross drafts.
- Roof top package includes ETL Listed exhaust/supply air unit w/factory prewired/mounted motors, trunkline & curb vented on exhaust side.
- Separate exhaust and/or make-up air fans
- UL 300 Fire Suppression system
- Lighting-recessed incandescent/fluorescent/ LED, compact fluorescent or halogen
Contact K & D Mechanical, Inc. for an installation estimate for canopy exhaust only hoods or any commercial HVAC equipment for your Seattle-Tacoma area business.