K & D Mechanical, Inc. installs many CaptiveAire BD-2 Series exhaust only hoods in businesses located in Tacoma and Seattle as well as the greater Puget Sound area.
For commercial use, this Type I, low proximity hood is made for use over 450 & 600F cooking temperatures. Also referred to as a ‘backshelf hood’, the low proximity hood is called that because of the close location of the hood in relation to the cooking appliances.
Stand-alone or packaged system
For over 40 years, CaptiveAire has been manufacturing quality commercial kitchen ventilation systems. Hoods from the BD-2 Series are versatile because they can be installed as a stand-alone product added to your current ventilation system or be part of a packaged system.
The specs can be pre-engineered to fit your application. The package consists of the following items:
- Integral utility cabinet
- Factory pre-wired electrical controls
- Fire suppression system
- Optional items-exhaust fan, make-up air unit & factory-built ductwork.
Why install BD-2 exhaust only hoods?
In addition to the advantages listed, the BD-2 Series hoods can be shipped faster as they are built on a high-volume line at one of five manufacturing facilities.
- Better exhaust flow rates.
- ETL Listed for use over 450 & 600F offers flexibility in designing ventilation systems.
- Better capture & containment-unique front design directs grease laden vapors to exhaust filter bank.
- Space saving, compact design w/pre-wired incandescent light fixtures & tempered glass globes up to standard 100W bulb.
- Superior construction-Type 430 stainless steel (#3 or 4 polish) on all exposed surfaces.
- Built-in wiring chase- best positioning of electrical controls & outlets on front of hood without requiring sleeve.
- All hoods have SS baffle filters & deep grease trough for easy grease extraction & cleaning.
- Optional self-cleaning technology has spray bar (behind the filters) that runs full length of hood to clean grease from plenum with daily hot water spray cycle.
Double wall front with fully welded and polished front corners, it has built-in air space to meet NFPA 96 clearance requirements against limited combustible wall with optional insulation for combustible wall.
It also has pre-punched hanging angles on each end (of the hood) and an additional set for hoods longer than 12’.
BD-2 Series options
Your hood can be customized to your needs with these available options.
- Utility cabinet with side mount can house listed fire suppression system and pre-wired electrical controls.
- Front perforated supply plenum with perforated diffuser plates for even air distribution & supply riser with volume damper for easy balancing.
- Stainless steel enclosure panels extending from hood top to ceiling hides pipe & hanging parts.
- Roof top package combines ETL Listed exhaust/supply air unit w/factory prewired/mounted motors, trunkline & curb vented on exhaust side.
- Separate single exhaust fans, supply-air fans & curbs available.
- Make-up air can be supplied through optional front plenums (ND-2 Series w/PSP or AC-PSP Accessory).
- CORE Fire Protection system (ETL listed to UL Std. 300) is automated, pre-engineered fire suppression system provides coverage for hood, ducts, plenum & filters.
- Lighting-compact fluorescent or halogen
The installation and service teams at K & D Mechanical, Inc. have been installing CaptiveAire equipment for many years. Whether it’s the BD-2 Series exhaust only hoods or other items, we’re qualified to work on your Puget Sound commercial or industrial project.
Contact us for an estimate on installation or service and maintenance work.